On the heels of Hurricane Irma, Coalition member Brittany Williams is organizing around yet another humanitarian crisis disproportionately impacting Black and Brown folks. Here’s how you can $upport her and other organizers in the Caribbean and help folks in Puerto Rico, St. Marteen, and other islands struggling to survive in the wake of Hurricane Maria:
- Send supplies directly to Puerto Rico via Brittany’s Amazon Registry. Please prioritize essentials like food and diapers first.
- Donate to her YouCaring relief fund. We were able to raise over $6,000 for Irma and help over 50 families in crisis, so let’s do the same for our fellow Americans down in PR.
- Give directly to an organizer we know in Puerto Rico via Cash.me app: $terceraola (Camille Imilse).
- Register for 100 Days X Puerto Rico to get simple political and social tools and action items to rally for people in PR.
- Follow El Grito de Sunset Park’s Facebook page for updates. This Brooklyn community group is doing a lot to get supplies to folks in PR right now.
Lastly, here’s but one proof of receipt the money’s going to the people who need it. Pa’lante! (This means “move forward” or “keep moving” in Spanish.)